    I will explain more over the telephone....707-237-3442 (anytime)

    -Thanks
    Mark

    Mark Halverson, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Mark Halverson

    Bob Barrows Guest

    And it is really unprofessional to disregard netiquette by multi-posting.

    Bob Barrows, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Boy, you hard on a 1st time poster - I already posted an apology on the ONE
    other newsgroup that I posted on.

    Just need some help and not sure where to go. I live in a small town where
    they think a web professional is a welfare mom who surfs all day....;-)
    just looking for a little assistance.

    -Mark

    Mark Halverson, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Mark Halverson

    Bob Barrows Guest

    :)
    Would you rather I remain silent and leave you sitting there wondering why
    everyone is ignoring you?

    I guess I could have put some smilies into my post so you would realize that
    it was friendly advice rather than condemnation. The problem is, this has
    not helped in the past ... people still take offense.
    And right there you see the problem with multi-posting ... It's hard to
    carry on a conversation with a person when he says something in one room,
    runs to another room without waiting for an answer to ask the same question,
    runs back to the first room to see if anyone's answered, replying to the
    answers if they exist, running back to the other room ... etc.

    There are times when you will not be sure which group is most appropriate,
    and you will want to post a question to both groups. In that situation, you
    should use the cross-posting technique, rather than posting the same message
    multiple times. To crosspost, put a semicolon-delimited* list of the
    newsgroups to which you wish to post in the To: header of your post and post
    it once. It, and any replies to it,
    will appear in all the newsgroups in your list. So, if I reply in .asp.db,
    my reply will also appear here in .asp.general.

    * ... or whatever delimiter is recognized by your news client

    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Nov 22, 2003