ASP.Net Configuration error

Tom Libby

I have VS 2008 on Vista 32 Ultimate with SQL Server 2005. I create a web
application targeting the 3.5 Framework and when I select ASP.Net
Configuration from the Project menu a brower opens and then I get the below
error. Could someone tell me how to correct this?

Thanks
Tom

Server Error in '/asp.netwebadminfiles' Application.

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type
'System.Web.Administration.WebAdminModule'.
(C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\asp.netwebadminfiles\web.config
line 9)

Source Error:

Line 7: </membership>
Line 8: <httpModules>
Line 9: <add name="WebAdminModule"
type="System.Web.Administration.WebAdminModule"/>
Line 10: </httpModules>
Line 11: <authentication mode="Windows"/>

Source File:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\asp.netwebadminfiles\web.config
Line: 9

Mr. Arnold

http://forums.asp.net/p/735167/735167.aspx#735167

Your friend is Google. And maybe you need to set the App Pool for the Web
site to use 2.0 too.

HTH

Tom Libby said:
I have VS 2008 on Vista 32 Ultimate with SQL Server 2005. I create a web
application targeting the 3.5 Framework and when I select ASP.Net
Configuration from the Project menu a brower opens and then I get the
below error. Could someone tell me how to correct this?

Thanks
Tom

Server Error in '/asp.netwebadminfiles' Application.

Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type
'System.Web.Administration.WebAdminModule'.
(C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\asp.netwebadminfiles\web.config
line 9)

Source Error:

Line 7: </membership>
Line 8: <httpModules>
Line 9: <add name="WebAdminModule"
type="System.Web.Administration.WebAdminModule"/>
Line 10: </httpModules>
Line 11: <authentication mode="Windows"/>

Source File:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\asp.netwebadminfiles\web.config
Line: 9

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3074;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3074

signature database 4057 (20090506) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4057 (20090506) __________

http://www.eset.com

Tom Libby

Thanks, The app pool is set to 2.0. How do I run aspnet_webadmin like it
says to in the link.

Thanks
Tom

Mr. Arnold

Tom Libby said:
Thanks, The app pool is set to 2.0. How do I run aspnet_webadmin like it
says to in the link.

I don't know. You're going to have to look it up using Google.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4059 (20090507) __________

http://www.eset.com