ASP.NET IO thread pool and asynchronous sockets

Navin Mishra

Hi,

I've an ASP.NET web service that consumes other web services as well as
sends data to client using TCP blocking sockets on a custom thread pool
threads. If I use asynchronous sockets to send data to clients, would it use
threads from ASP.NET IO thread pool ? Is it a good idea ? Or could it
potentially exhaust all threads from IO thread pool and cause problems for
web service to access other web services ?

Thanks in advance and regards

Navin

Ad