ASP.NET not running

Guest

Following is the sample code of my .aspx file
<%@ Page Language="C#" %><Script Runat="Server">
void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs EvArgs) {
Response.Write("Hello World");
}

</Script>
THis file resides in wwwroot folder when i run the code by writing http://localhost/Hello1.aspx I get the following error

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services
Error Type:

Active Server Pages, ASP 0221 (0x80004005)
The specified 'Page Language="C#" ' option is unknown or invalid.
/Hello1.aspx, line 1
Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Avant Browser [avantbrowser.com]; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Page:
GET /Hello1.aspx
Can someone help me. I am new to ASP.NET and am stuck with this problem for quite some time now.
Previously i had old version of .NET framework and today I updated it with a fresh download.
Please mail me if u can help.
Shahnaz

Hermit Dave

Shahnaz,

what you need to do is get your hands on the .net sdk. i dont think you have
that installed on your machine. one you install the sdk you should be fine,
plus the sdk comes with some tutorials which will get you started. You might
wanna have a look at www.asp.net for tutorials as well

HD

Shahnaz Yousuf said:
Following is the sample code of my .aspx file
<%@ Page Language="C#" %><Script Runat="Server">
void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs EvArgs) {
Response.Write("Hello World");
}

</Script>
THis file resides in wwwroot folder when i run the code by writing
http://localhost/Hello1.aspx I get the following error
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services
Error Type:

Active Server Pages, ASP 0221 (0x80004005)
The specified 'Page Language="C#" ' option is unknown or invalid.
/Hello1.aspx, line 1
Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Avant Browser
[avantbrowser.com]; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Biswajit

Looks like that IIS doesn't recognize ASP.NET.
You can use aspnet_regiis.exe to register ASP.NET with IIS.
In your case it will be there in
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705" folder.
From the command option point to this folder and run "aspnet_regiis.exe -i".
Better restart the system and then try running your app.

Biswajit

Shahnaz Yousuf said:
Following is the sample code of my .aspx file
<%@ Page Language="C#" %><Script Runat="Server">
void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs EvArgs) {
Response.Write("Hello World");
}

</Script>
THis file resides in wwwroot folder when i run the code by writing
http://localhost/Hello1.aspx I get the following error
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services
Error Type:

Active Server Pages, ASP 0221 (0x80004005)
The specified 'Page Language="C#" ' option is unknown or invalid.
/Hello1.aspx, line 1
Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Avant Browser
[avantbrowser.com]; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

shahnaz yousuf

Dear Dave,
Thanks for replying. Just wanted to know Do I still need .NET SDK even
if I have VS.NET installed because I have VS.NET and yet its not
running.
Shahnaz