ASP.net occassionally very slow

Chris

I have a web app which is, most of the time, very responsive. Occassionally
it will slow down as if it is recompiling all the files, a little like the
first time you run the app. This slow down tends to happen when the app
hasn't been used for a while. Is it recompiling the pages? Can anyone shed
any light on this. Regards, Chris.

George Ter-Saakov

yes,
After some time .NET unloads application and I believe next time you hit it
recompiles it and loads it back in.

2 things can help.

1. You can specify in IIS Managment (if you have access to it) the unload
timeout.
2. You can precompile application then upload it to server.

George.

Chris

How do I specify the application to precompile. Is it a setting in Visual
Studio?