asp.net session lost after 45 seconds

nogoer

Im having an issue with an ecommerce app i just moved to ipower.com
hosting. The session is getting lost after 45 seconds. It happens like
clockwork as ive timed it at least a dozen times. Ill log into the app
then browse to a static content page. Ill then sit there refreshing the
page every few seconds until finally the session is lost after 45
seconds.

The app had no problems on my development server but now that we moved
it to a permanent host the session wont stay. I also did a test using
one aspx file to set a session var then rediretc to another aspx file
to display the session var. This seems to work without being lost. So i
think somthing in my app is causing an application restart or something
is killing the session.

I dont have any ideas why and theres too much code to try and post it
on here. Ive set the session timeout to 20 minutes int he web config
file and the server just ignores it.

Any ideas what im doing wrong??

FYI...this was my first .net app and i ported the classic asp version
over. so theres some stuff like apartment threaded recordsets and
aspcompat directives used.

Thanks a ton for any help

nogoer

Ok ive done some research into this problem since noone has reposnded.
Ive narrowed down the code to a connection open statement....
con.open(session("dsn"))

Im useing classic asp connection and recordset objects since .net didnt
have enough functionality comparable to what i had done before porting
the app over. If i remove this open connection the session persists. If
i put in this one line of code the session keeps getting dumped. One
confusing thing though is my session id is always there and never
changes.

Please does anyone have any ideas????

nogoer

Ok ive done some research into this problem since noone has reposnded.
Ive narrowed down the code to a connection open statement....
con.open(session("dsn"))

Im useing classic asp connection and recordset objects since .net didnt
have enough functionality comparable to what i had done before porting
the app over. If i remove this open connection the session persists. If
i put in this one line of code the session keeps getting dumped. One
confusing thing though is my session id is always there and never
changes.

Please does anyone have any ideas????

nogoer

Actually its doesnt matter that its an adodb connection. I also tried
using an oledb connection native to asp.net and its just the mere fact
of opening a connectio to the db that is causing the session to be
dumped.