ASP.NET Site/Webservice and Windows/Form authentication

Mark Redman

Hi All

I have an ASP.NET site which runs using Windows(NTLM) authentication over
SSL.
I have a webservice where a vendor is only able to call the webservice via
Basic authentication.
Is it possible to run a webservice on this site using "Basic" authentication
and keep the rest of the site on Integrated windows authentication.

Mark Redman

Mark Redman

Hi,

If anyone is watching....

I have set the access on the virtual directory of the webservice to include
basic authentication.

I still dont know if there are any windows authentication specific
attributes that can be added to a web.config file in the same folder to
include digest,basic etc?

Mark Redman