ASP.NET Starter Kits

Darino-sama

Looking for an assessment of the reliability of the ASP.NET Starter
Kits. We're considering using one of them as the foundation for a
pretty significant client application and I don't want to get caught
with my pants down due to some unforeseen bug or complication (an "oh,
by the way...").

They look good upon initial examination, but we would like
disinterested, third-party input, if possible.

Thanks for your help. Darin

CJ Taylor

Which one are you intersted in?

IBS Portal is incredibly stable, as well as many of its variants, I've only
played with the storefront, although its stable as well (limited in
functionality though... the variants are good).

Let me know which one and I can give you more detailed specs on what to look
at.

-CJ

Darin Molnar

Right now we're just looking at the Portal and Reports. Looks pretty
great - being able to add "modules" this way is outstanding.

Thanks for your reply. DRM

CJ Taylor

darin,

if yo ulike C# Coding, look at Rainbow Portal, pretty flexable, multiple
themes, many options.. you can find it at

http://www.rainbowportal.net

Documentation sucks, but a little more powerful on the install side of
modules.

If your more VB and looking for some commerce features plus a lot more
support, check out DNN (DotNetNuke). 1.10.10 was just released the other
day and its doing pretty well.

http://dotnetnuke.com

There is also, SchwingPortal which is an IBS clone, but more options and you
can skin entire sites with it.

http://www.schwingportal.net

All three have good Content Managment systems in them, etc. I've used all
of them too...

If your running windows 2003 look out though... =)

and if you get it working in 2003 (anything) let me know as well. =)

Thanks,
CJ