Asp.net Themes & Frontpage _vti_cnf directory

Clint Chapman

When I look at the source html generated from my asp, the links for
the css in my theme are duplicated to include files in the _vti_cnf.

<link href="../../App_Themes/MainTheme/_vti_cnf/StyleSheet.css"
type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="../../App_Themes/MainTheme/StyleSheet.css" type="text/css"
rel="stylesheet" />

I've had problems with my theme not working because there appeared to
be too many css files. I was able to fix it by combining css files
into a single file.

Is this a bug? Is there any way to have asp.net not include css files
from the _vti_cnf directory?

Thanks in advance,
Clint

Coskun SUNALI [MVP]

Hi Clint,

As long as those CSS files are placed inside a Theme folder, they will be
added to the header as far as I know. If you really want to manage the CSS
files to be included within the <link> definitions, the best idea is to move
them outside your App_Themes folder though that is a move against the
advantages of ASP.NET Skin support.

--
All the best,
Coskun SUNALI

Clint Chapman

Hi Clint,

As long as those CSS files are placed inside a Theme folder, they will be
added to the header as far as I know. If you really want to manage the CSS
files to be included within the <link> definitions, the best idea is to move
them outside your App_Themes folder though that is a move against the
advantages ofASP.NETSkin support.

So asp.net themes and frontpage extensions are not really compatible?
The _vti* directories should be ignored by asp.net themes ideally.

Thanks,
Clint