    When using Datagrid ASP.NET pages, the time required to execute a report is
    much more greater than when the same report is generated using a ASP page.
    Also the ASPX page almost always gives a 'TimeOut Expired Error'.

    Guest, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Hi,

    make sure you close all open connections after you are finished with them.

    Also, try increasing the connection pool size and connection timeout.

    Let me know if that worked.

    regards
    Joyjit

    Joyjit Mukherjee, Dec 9, 2004

    Guest Guest

    Hi,
    The connection pool size and timeout are sufficiently high. However i will
    check the open connections.
    Can you help me with the Best settings values of the various parameters. Our
    site is very datacentric with a huge database.
    Database: SQL 2000
    Server: IBM Xseries 225 with 4 GB RAM, 2.8 GHz Processor.

    Regards,
    Pritam.

    Guest, Dec 9, 2004
  4. The problem could be something completely different... such as how you
    are accessing the data or how much data you are pulling. ASP accesses
    data differently than does .NET.

    Are you pulling an extremely large dataset?

    Lowell

    Lowell Heddings, Dec 9, 2004

    Guest Guest

    I agree, i am pulling out a extremely large dataset. To avoid load, i have
    revamped the code and am using datareader. Its kind of listing reports with
    few runtime calculations for reports. The same works in ASP and is faster.
    (also compared by accessing about 200 records thru both).

    ..net has helped us in various areas and provides lot of good features,
    except the response problem - (speed and timeout) - Which is the most
    visible and frustating problem the user has to face.

    Guest, Dec 9, 2004

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    If the time out is event occuring on Response.redirect event,try to set the IsResponse attribute of Response.Redirect to false.

    , Oct 9, 2008