ASP.Net Web Page Busy

Matt

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice for the following problem.

I have an ASP.Net web page that accepts posts from users that are sending
data to my organization. During the post I call an in house class to
validate the data and then return either an error message or an acceptance
message. We have found that if customer A is posting data then customer B
tries to post data simultaneously they either get web site not found or too
busy message. What can I look for in my process to help resolve this and
allow multiple posts at the same time? I had thought a web page was
multi-threaded and didn't need any special properties for handling such a
scenario.

Thanks,

Matt

Curt_C [MVP]

what is this "in house" thing you are calling? Is it an externat app? Sounds
like that may be the problem.

Matt

Curt,

Actually it is not an app. It is nothing but an object that we wrote using
thread safe objects, at least that's what all of the Microsoft documentation
said. It does nothing but take the posted XML validate it against DTD's,
runs an XSL against it and writes the data out then returns. When called
through a console app the object returns in 2 or 3 seconds tops.

Matt