ASP.NET Web Server on CE 4.2

Leo Gagne

Is it possible to use Windows CE 4.2 as a web server and
develop ASP.NET applications that are hosted on the WinCE
platform?

The idea: To have the same user interface on both the
device screen and the remotely connected PC using a web
browser.

Thanks!

Ed Kaim [MSFT]

No. Windows CE only supports the .NET Compact Framework, which does not have
ASP.NET server support.

"Leo Gagne"

Leo Gagne

Thank you!

Is Microsoft planning to support ASP.NET with the Compact
Framework (would it still be called "compact"...) ?

(My boss doesn't like "no" as an answer... I just
answered "maybe one day... but not this year!")

Bye!