asp problem in IIS5.1

vamsi

Hi All,

I have windows XP with IIS 5.1. My IIS is working fine
with HTML Pages.but it is not working with ASP pages. if i
select a .html file as initial document it is working
fine. but if i select a .asp file as inistial document it
not working. I am getting the following error.

page can not be displayed - if i enable display
friendly http error messages.

if i uncheck the "Display friendly http error messages" in
internet explorer, i am getting the follwing error message.

Server Application Error
the server has encountered an error while loading an
application during te pocessing of your request. please
refer to the event log for more detail information. Please
contact the server aministrator for assistance.

in Event Viewer. if found following warning event.The

Event ID:36
Source:W3SVC

server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The
error was 'Class not registered
'.
For additional information specific to this message please
visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:

I checked in IIS for .asp association link (asp.dll) and
it is there....

I dont have any ideas to proceed funther... please help
me...

Thanks in Advance.,
Vamsi.