ASP Problem on uploading file into SQL 2005 DB

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Monica, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. Monica

    Monica Guest

    I have a problem with uploading file into SQL 2005 DB using IIS 6.0
    webserver, this code was working in SQL 2000 Db and IIS 5.0. Can you please
    help me to see what the problem is.

    Error msg :

    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The cursor does not include
    the table being modified or the table is not updatable through the cursor.

    /uploadnewrequest.asp, line 158

    Code:
    rstrNewFiles = ""
    Set rstrNewFiles = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    rstrNewFiles.Open "tblrFiles", Conn, 3, 3
    Set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
    with cmd
    .ActiveConnection = conn
    .Parameters.Refresh
    .CommandTimeout = 3600
    End With

    rstrNewFiles.AddNew
    rstrNewFiles("ProjectNo") = strprojNumber
    rstrNewFiles("projectID") = Uploader.Form("ProjNo")
    rstrNewFiles("FileName") = File.FileName
    rstrNewFiles("FileSize") = File.FileSize
    rstrNewFiles("CreatedBy") = strUSer
    rstrNewFiles("IPAddress") = varIPAddress
    rstrNewFiles("DateCreated") = strDateCreated
    If varFileExtension = "doc" then
    rstrNewFiles("ContentType") = "application/msword"
    Else
    rstrNewFiles("ContentType") = File.ContentType
    End if
    rstrNewFiles("FileData").AppendChunk File.FileData
    Line 158 - rstrNewFiles.Update
    rstrNewFiles.Close

    Monica, Apr 12, 2006