ASP Response Object Error - but works fine in a Virtual Directory

Adrian Manic

We have a strange problem which I can not get my head around

The entry point of the application is a file called home.asp. First it includes some files that define constants, then is resets / creates a Cookie called PROCAT and then outputs a basic HTML page. The Body tag has an OnLoad event that gets called on the Client Side which does some processing and then loads the main page. The application uses COM components and SQL Server but home.asp is just a plain simple ASP file

On our Client's Test site the application works fine if it is a Virtual Directory. However as soon as it is moved to the root of the website problems occur - on loading home.asp we get the error ' 8004005 unspecified error line 25'. Line 25 happens to be the one that resets / creates an empty cookies

Response.Cookie("PROCAT") = "

The settings appear to be the same is IIS for both the Web Site and Virtual Directory and the physcial files are one and the same. It also seems to work fine if we jump into the application (i.e. straight to the main page) where cookie's are set at a later point

I can not reproduce this error on our development system - the application works fine wherever it is put

Thank

Adria

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Response.Cookie("PROCAT") = ""

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01b6'
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Response.Cookie'

???

Did you try Response.CookieS("PROCAT") = ""