    this problem on the web. Help anybody?

    Thanks in advance.

    Adam

    Jazzis, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Please refer to your earlier question in this newsgroup, and the answers to
    it.

    Manohar Kamath, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Oct 28, 2004
  4. Jazzis

    Erica Guest

    Jazzis,

    Are you sure it's after 2-3 minutes or does it seem to expire after going to
    another directory?

    Erica, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Jazzis

    Jazzis Guest

    Thanks, but unfortunately the faq stuff is not helping - all that I've
    checked already.

    I need other answers - if there are any.

    Adam

    Jazzis, Oct 28, 2004
  6. Then you need to provide more details.

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Oct 29, 2004
  7. Jazzis

    Jazzis Guest

    Yes I'm sure! Without doing anything (just staying on 1 ASP document
    doing refresh) the session expires after 2-3 minutes every time.

    Let me repeat - the SAME application works PERFECTLY for years in IIS5
    and the problem exists only under IIS6.

    Adam

    Jazzis, Oct 29, 2004
  8. Jazzis

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    response.write Session.TimeOut

    and "how" do you determine they time out?

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Oct 29, 2004
  9. Jazzis

    Jazzis Guest

    Well I know the session timed out since the session variables are
    lost.

    I have written a monitor for sessions and I see all the session
    varioables disappear.

    The session.timeout is 20 minutes, but IIS seems to ignore that???

    Adam

    Jazzis, Oct 29, 2004
  10. Jazzis

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Is anything touching global.asa? Anything else that could be causing an
    application restart?

    so response.write session.timeout

    returns 20?

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Oct 29, 2004
  11. For all sessions at once?

    Any chance your Global.asa is getting updated?

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Oct 29, 2004
  12. Jazzis

    Jazzis Guest

    Jeff & Dave,

    Thanks for your help.

    1. Yes, session.timeout = 20

    2. Well I don't know if for all sessions at once, surely for each
    session individully, but I haven't checked if that happens
    simultaniously to all open sessions - will do.

    What could change / update the global.asa? Surely not me / my
    application.

    Adam

    Jazzis, Oct 30, 2004
  13. Jazzis

    Jazzis Guest

    There are some
    The system people tell me the following:

    ======= Quote ===========

    Hi, Adam, we are continuing to check the site and timeout issue.
    Please note that we set a dedicated application pool for Your site in
    IIS6 and server's timeout is caused by reaching application pool and
    its restart.
    That what resets the application.
    It's a pure application issue and could be each sessions requires too
    much memory and grows up until it reaches the limit.

    Please see how we may advance further

    Have a nice day

    A worker process with process id of '4872' serving application pool
    'NV8956' has requested a recycle because it reached its virtual memory
    limit.

    ========= End Quote ===========

    Any ideas?

    Adam

    Jazzis, Oct 31, 2004
  14. A memory leak, perhaps? Overly optimistic application pool settings (I
    believe I suggested that you look at them) ?

    What happens if you "uncheck" the maximum virtual memory settings?

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Nov 1, 2004
  15. Jazzis

    Larry Bud Guest

    Not releasing objects properly causing a big memory leak?

    Larry Bud, Nov 1, 2004
  16. Jazzis

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Make sure not to put any objects in Session or Application, generally only
    strings.

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 1, 2004