ASP/VBS List folders

Excel User

Hi,

I have the following script which lists all the folder names from
'mainfolder'

ListFolderContents(Server.MapPath("/mainfolder"))

sub ListFolderContents(path)

dim fs, folder

set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set folder = fs.GetFolder(path)

Response.Write(folder.Name & "<br>")

for each item in folder.SubFolders
ListFolderContents(item.Path)
next

end sub

but I would like to just list the first set of sub folders not the folders
within these sub folders i.e. if I had the following directory structure

mainfolder
- folder 1
- sub folder 1
- folder 2
- sub folder 2a
- sub folder 2b
- folder 3

so I would only like to list the folder names with 'mainfolder' but not
their sub-folders

i.e.
folder 1
folder 2
folder 3

Thanks for any help!

Bob Barrows

Excel said:
Hi,

I have the following script which lists all the folder names from
'mainfolder'

ListFolderContents(Server.MapPath("/mainfolder"))

sub ListFolderContents(path)

dim fs, folder

set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set folder = fs.GetFolder(path)

Response.Write(folder.Name & "<br>")

for each item in folder.SubFolders
Response.Write(folder.Name & "<br>")
next

end sub

but I would like to just list the first set of sub folders not the
folders within these sub folders i.e. if I had the following
directory structure

Replace the recursive call to the sub with a statement to write the
subfolder name to Response. See above

Excel User

Bob, thanks for the reply but changing this just repeats the folder name
several times i.e.

mainfolder
mainfolder
mainfolder
mainfolder

any ideas?

Thanks

Bob Barrows

Well, I was somewhat hoping that you would pick up on what needed to be done
.... and I now see that you did. Well done.