aspnet email control to differentiate reply to" and "bounced / rejected" messages

Stuart Harden

We use Exchange 2007, but asp.net programs we have written to send out the
mail. Is there an asp.net control to request the bounce backs be to a
specific address?

We can of course do this on the client end; it would be "simple" enough to
have the logged in "from" person set a
filter on their incoming mail software which would forward the bounce backs
to the desired address, but, I have been asked if I can do this from an
administrative end, thus not requiring the client to set filters in their
email software.

We manage outgoing email where the "sender" is (e-mail address removed) to match
the sending server ip, and a reply to that matches the logged in "from"
(e-mail address removed) for the purpose of them actually receiving the
message when a recipient clicks "reply" to said message. However, we would
like to route the bounce back messages somewhere other than the "reply to"
address.

Any way I can think of to manage it on the Exchange server does not appear
to allow for different addresses based on whether it is a replied email for
the sender or a bounced email.

I considered creating inbox rules on our server, but prefer to have any
(e-mail address removed) addresses as forward only, or at least as "space
limited" presence on our server as possible.

Hopefully this makes sense...any help Greatly appreciated-

Stuart

P.S. I asked this, in a slightly different format, in the Exchange admin
forum, but have received no replies. Sorry if this is considered
cross-posting, but I hoped differently focused readers would have more
input.

Guest

[...]

EasyMail .NET
http://www.quiksoft.com/support/forum/viewmsg.asp?message_id=861303