aspnet_wp.exe Taking up All CPU

Derek

Hello All,

We're running an ASP.NET application which appears to have an issue that we
can't seem to troubleshoot. At time aspnet_wp will all of a sudden jump to
using all the available CPU on the server and the application will become
unavailable to our users. The only remedy is to restart IIS, at which time
everything returns to normal.

Our application has hundreds of pages in it, how can I track down what page
is causing this to happen? We are not generating any event log errors and
the IIS logs aren't really showing of significance, all appears to be normal
usage to us. Something in one of our pages is causing the process to all of
a sudden start using all CPU.

Can anyone give me advise on tracking this down? How can I see the threads
and what is happening in them for this process?

Thanks,
Derek

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Can anyone give me advise on tracking this down? How can I see the threads
and what is happening in them for this process?

Thanks,
Derek

You can take a look at the IIS log files to get an idea of which pages were
accessed at the time of the spike

Derek

Been doing that, there isn't a difference compared to any other time.
Nothing in there is out of the ordinary, and since we support hundreds of
users the breadth of the pages being accessed is pretty broad. Looking to
find a way to better know what the process is precisely doing.

Derek

Guest

better you can check other components(( like DB2 .net provider component ,MQ
client component...etc.,)
which application might be using has got an issues.

Derek said:
Been doing that, there isn't a difference compared to any other time.
Nothing in there is out of the ordinary, and since we support hundreds of
users the breadth of the pages being accessed is pretty broad. Looking to
find a way to better know what the process is precisely doing.

Derek

Derek

Hari,

Could you please elaborate? I don't understand what you are saying. We run
MSSQL2K and IIS5 on a Win2K machine. Both services are on the same machine.

Derek