aspnet_wp.exe

MattB

I have a web application I'm working on that relies on a c++ COM+ dll
returning datasets as strings. It generally works well, but I've noticed
that after running the application in the IDE for a while it starts to fail.
I get a an error that a object I'm trying to use is null, like it doesn't
exist. I've found that if I kill the process aspnet_wp.exe my app will start
to run again.

So this process is hanging and I don't know why. Could I be doing something
to make it hang or what? When this happens I can still make calls to that
dll via vbscript so I don't think the dll it's self getting hung up.

Any hints or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Natty Gur

Hi,

Is your dll registers as library or server COM+ application?

If your dll is library application then it isn't surprising that while
you're getting errors from aspnet_wp every think goes smooth via
vbscript. Every task holds it own DLL so while there are errors on
aspnet_wp every thing goes well with vbscript.

The hard part is to find the place in your code where the error is
raised. I strongly recommend to use CorDBg to track the error source:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/h
tml/dbgrm.asp

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur