aspSmartUpload Download Problem

david

I am getting the following error:

Error Type:
ADODB.Field (0x800A0BB9)
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are
in conflict with one another.

When this code snippet is executed.

<%
Set mySmartUpload =
Server.CreateObject("aspSmartUpload.SmartUpload")

mySmartUpload.DownloadField objRS("FileData")
%>

objRS("FileData") is an 'Image' datatype field in a sql server
database. It contains the image of a Microsoft Word document.

This code works perfectly when that word document is a relatively
small document. When the doc gets to be larger than 10 mb, the
download produces the error shown above.

Does anybody know of a work around or how to configure for larger
files?

Dave Anderson

I am getting the following error:

Error Type:
ADODB.Field (0x800A0BB9)
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are
in conflict with one another.

When this code snippet is executed.

<%
Set mySmartUpload =
Server.CreateObject("aspSmartUpload.SmartUpload")

mySmartUpload.DownloadField objRS("FileData")
%>

objRS("FileData") is an 'Image' datatype field in a sql server
database. It contains the image of a Microsoft Word document.

This code works perfectly when that word document is a relatively
small document. When the doc gets to be larger than 10 mb, the
download produces the error shown above.

Does anybody know of a work around or how to configure for larger
files?

You could try to tweak this value:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/3cbbd4b3-36d3-40fb-9fea-abbdf1805cf91033.mspx

In fact, the aspSmartUpload documentation advises this on IIS6.

Anthony Jones

Dave Anderson said:
You could try to tweak this value:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/3cbbd4b3-36d3-40fb-9fea-abbdf1805cf91033.mspx

In fact, the aspSmartUpload documentation advises this on IIS6.

That setting affects the maximum size of upload whereas in this case the
SmartUpload component is being used to perform a download.

It's more likely this one is needed:-

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windo...36d3-40fb-9fea-abbdf1805cf91033.mspx?mfr=true

AspBufferLimit controls the size of the response buffer. OTH assuming
aspSmartUpload chunks the output to the response simply using
Response.Buffer = false may fix it.

Dave Anderson

Anthony said:
That setting affects the maximum size of upload whereas in this
case the SmartUpload component is being used to perform a download.

So it is. In either case, a metabase setting seems a likely factor.

david

I have tried changing both ASPMaxRequestEntityAllowed and
ASPBufferingLimit. I also set Response.Buffering = false.

Unfortunately this has not resolved the problem.