Assertion in Python

vmalhotra

Hi All,

I want to do verification in my scripts. So for that what i am doing
here are shown below:

1. Telnet to one router.
2. Configure router.
3. Configure routing.

Now after doing all these i have to check showinterfaces. So i execute
command show interface and saved the output in one file.

Now the problem which i am facing is how to do assertion from that
output. e.g output is something like this

eth0 is up
OSPF not enabled on this interface
eth1 is up
Internet Address 192.168.1.2/24, Area 0.0.0.0
Router ID 192.168.1.2, Network Type BROADCAST, Cost: 10
Transmit Delay is 1 sec, State DR, Priority 1
Designated Router (ID) 192.168.1.2, Interface Address 192.168.1.2
No backup designated router on this network
Timer intervals configured, Hello 10, Dead 40, Wait 40, Retransmit 5
Hello due in 00:00:00
Neighbor Count is 0, Adjacent neighbor count is 0
eth2 is up
OSPF not enabled on this interface
eth3 is down
OSPF not enabled on this interface
lo is up
OSPF not enabled on this interface
sit0 is down
OSPF not enabled on this interface

In this i want to check Designated Router (ID) 192.168.1.2.

If this is the same Ip which i have gice in configuration then test
case will get pass otherwise Fail.

Can somebody send me the code how to do this.

Thanks in Advance
Vikram Malhotra

Gabriel Genellina

[...]

This is the idea (assuming you have already read and split the output
on lines):

for line in output:
line = line.strip()
if line.startswith('Designated Router (ID)'):
ipReadStr = line[line.find('(ID)')+4:] # just before the IP starts
ipReadStr = ipReadStr.split(',',1)[0].strip() # up to the next ","
assertEqual(ipReadStr, ipExpected)
break
else:
fail('"Designated Router (ID)" not found')

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).