At least one recipient is required, but none were found.

TechNinja

Hi folks,

I have a page that collects information that submits to a confirmation
page. The confirmation page shows all fields entered, using session
information - response.write Request("fieldEmailAddress") and then
hidden form fields with the value of each session, e.g. <input
name="fieldEmailAddress" type="hidden" value="<%=
Request("fieldEmailAddress") %>">. Once the user hits submit on this
confirmation page, the information is submitted to the database with a
redirect to to a sendmailscript page (with a CDOSYS mail script that
is supposed to send the user a thank you email). This page then
redirects automatically to the thank you page (so the mailscript page
is not resubmitted if the user hits refresh. Everything works
perfectly without the mailscript, but it appears the sessions are not
being carried across to this page because it get the following error:

CDO.Message.1 (0x8004020C)
At least one recipient is required, but none were found.

The objMail.To cannot resolve this -> objMail.To =
Request("fieldEmailAddress")
If I place an email address there instead, it works perfectly ->
objMail.To = "(e-mail address removed)"

NOTE: I notice that even if I remove all the CDO mailscript from that
page, I can't even use a standard response.write Request("fieldname"),
as on the previous page. I still have the session in the header being
used:

<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
<!--#include file="../cn/cnString.asp" -->
<% Session("fieldID")=Request.Form("fieldID") %>
<% Session("fieldFirstName")=Request.Form("fieldFirstName") %>
<% Session("fieldLastName")=Request.Form("fieldLastName") %>
<% Session("fieldEmailAddress")=Request.Form("fieldEmailAddress") %>

For some reason, that session is not carrying across to this page, as
it did in the previous page where the response.write
Request("fieldEmailAddress") was working. I just seem to have lost
the ability to carry the session. I was using Cookies - but prefer
not to for user reasons - but even that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

TechNinja

Does the fact that the confirm page is submitting to the database
before or while it redirects to this sendmailscript page kill the
session? That is the only thing I can imagine is happening - because
it does submit the record to the database

Anthony Jones

TechNinja said:
[...]

Not sure why the target of your confirmation page redirects to another page
to the send the mail. Why don't you do them both in the same page or at
least just server execute a send email page.