ATLAS, Gridview, EditCommand event not firing

bill

I have an update panel that contains a gridview.
There are 2 triggers: one for a search button that is outside the panel
and one for the gridview EditCommand Event.
The search works fine, the button click event fires, no problem.
But the event for the EditCommand does not fire. Any Ideas? Any one
else seen this?

Here is some code:

<cc2:ScriptManager ID="atlasScriptManager" runat="server"
EnablePartialRendering="True">
</cc2:ScriptManager>

<cc2:UpdatePanel ID="atlasUpdatePanel"
runat="server" EnableViewState="False">
<ContentTemplate>
&nbsp;<asp:DataGrid ID="dgdALI"
runat="server" CellPadding="4"
ForeColor="#333333"
GridLines="None">
<FooterStyle BackColor="#507CD1"
Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
<EditItemStyle BackColor="#2461BF"
/>
<SelectedItemStyle
BackColor="#D1DDF1" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#333333" />
<PagerStyle BackColor="#2461BF"
ForeColor="White" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
<AlternatingItemStyle
BackColor="White" />
<ItemStyle BackColor="#EFF3FB" />
<HeaderStyle BackColor="#507CD1"
Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
<Columns>
<asp:EditCommandColumn
CancelText="Cancel" EditText="Edit"
UpdateText="Update"></asp:EditCommandColumn>
<asp:ButtonColumn
CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete"></asp:ButtonColumn>
<asp:ButtonColumn
CommandName="Select" Text="Select"></asp:ButtonColumn>
</Columns>
</asp:DataGrid>
<asp:Label ID="Label17" runat="server"
Text="Label"></asp:Label>
</ContentTemplate>
<Triggers>
<cc2:ControlEventTrigger
ControlID="btnSearch" EventName="Click" />
<cc2:ControlEventTrigger
ControlID="dgdALI" EventName="EditCommand" />
</Triggers>
</cc2:UpdatePanel>

Thanks for any help.

P.S.
(I also get a Javascript error, related to ATLAS, for both the button
click and the Edit command)

error text:
Line: 8522276
Char: 3
Error: Syntax Error
Code: 0

Scott

Can't be sure because the code doesn't render well, but it might be because you've enclosed the triggers inside your update panel. Also DataGrid is an ASP .Net 1.1 control, I'd be using the GridView Control just to be sure.

Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I think this is because you have set EnableViewState = False for GridView. Try setting it to true or remove it as default is true.

thanks