Auth Surfing using Perl

Scott Moseman

I want to write some scripts to login to authentication required
websites and grab some data. Cookie based and secure SSL sites
probably included. Are there some good modules in Perl that I should
be reviewing? Any major limitations?

Thanks,
Scott

Sherm Pendley

Scott said:
I want to write some scripts to login to authentication required
websites and grab some data. Cookie based and secure SSL sites
probably included. Are there some good modules in Perl that I should
be reviewing?

Have a look at WWW::Mechanize

One limitation is rather obvious if you think about it - WWW::Mechanize
doesn't run any browser-side scripting. So features that depend on such
scripting won't work.

sherm--