authenticating across domains

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Joey Bravo, May 6, 2009.

  1. Joey Bravo

    Joey Bravo Guest

    hi,

    i have an asp.net application which runs over clear http. one of the forms
    has the functionality to authenticate the user. However, since the web
    application is not running on https i've set up a sub folder to the
    application which requires ssl and made the form to post to a page in this
    folder. So i have:

    http://www.domain.com/app/form.aspx <- the form with custom login controls
    the login button on this form is set to post back to
    https://www.domain.com/app/secure/handlelogin.aspx which will authenticate
    the user and create the forms authentication cookie.

    However, the same app runs on several other domains, but we don't have the
    ssl certificate for each domain.so it runs as http://www.domain-two.com/app

    Other than purchasing the certificate for every domain, is there any other
    way of authincating againts the app in the primary domain www.domain.com
    from the app running on every other domains?

    Joey Bravo, May 6, 2009