authoring math in xml

hi, Just wondering what tools are available for authoring in XML for
docs that have complex math environments. Like equation arrays,
multiline equations, etc. The kind of environments AMSLaTeX supports
in LaTeX (i.e., not just display equations).

If there's a pointer to more information, please let me know. Can't
seem to find it for myself.

thanks,
--T

Peter Flynn

T said:
hi, Just wondering what tools are available for authoring in XML for
docs that have complex math environments. Like equation arrays,
multiline equations, etc. The kind of environments AMSLaTeX supports
in LaTeX (i.e., not just display equations).

If there's a pointer to more information, please let me know. Can't
seem to find it for myself.

Sadly, not very much. The best by far was the old EuroMath project
editor, which could accept equations in TeX code and losslessly convert
them to SGML *and back again* (this was long pre-MathML), but the
software was for SunOS only, and I have no idea if it's still available.

Arbortext's editor is probably the best for math right now
(http://www.ptc.com/products/arbortext/editor/), whatever it's currently
called (having been through more changes of name than I care to remember).

///Peter