Authorization Manager - caching??

SpaceMarine

hello,

for my ASP.NET 2.0 intranet apps i am using integrated windows
authentication. for my RoleManager i am using the microsoft
System.Web.Security.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider. this uses a
connection string to connect to our server's AuthorizationManager
("AzMan" snapin) role store, which is set to save to a local .XML
file.

this works and is cool.

however -- it seems the role assignments made in AzMan are cached or
delayed. meaning, i can open the AzMan .MMC snap-in on the server,
make some changes, close it...but when i re-run a role-based webpage,
it isnt aware of the change.

only by re-deploying the webapp's .DLL does it seem to clear the AzMan
cache -- webpages will then be aware of the latest AzMan role
assignments.

any idea whats up?

thanks!
sm