AutoCompleteExtender and ddl

DavidC

I have a DropDownList on a FormView inside an UpdatePanel and I am using a
ListSearchExtender to speed up the selection in the drop down control.
However, as soon as i type in the DropDown it fires the SelectedIndexChanged
event for the DropDownList (see below). Is there a way to delay the event
until I have selected the actual record? Thanks.

<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlPeopleLinkID" runat="server"
OnSelectedIndexChanged="GetClientPayees"
AutoPostBack="True">
</asp:DropDownList>
<cc1:ListSearchExtender ID="ListSearchExtender1" runat="server"
TargetControlID="ddlPeopleLinkID" IsSorted="True">
</cc1:ListSearchExtender>