Automatically add Register tag on Page

JohnnyV

Hi All,

I have a custom text box control that references another
..NET component to access some of it's methods. It was working fine till I
tried to drop my text box inside the template column of a datagrid and use
the databinding expression (DataBinder.Eval) of my textbox to access a
method of the referenced component. If the CopyLocal of the referenced
component is set to True, it works fine. But if both the custom textbox and
the .NET component are referenced from GAC, there is a runtime error that
the .NET component is not referenced.
The problem is solved if I add a Register tag to refer
to the assembly of the .NET component. Please let me know if this is the
right solution of if there are other solutions to this problem. I am using
VS.NET 2003.
Now that adding the Register tag to the page solves
the problem, is it possible to automatically add the Register tag to refer
to the .NET component when the custom textbox is dropped on the page.

Anxiously expecting some solution.
Regards.