Automation Problems

electrixnow

I am about to pull my hair out!

I have VS 2005 PRO and I am coding in C++
I have a console program that parses data and creates a text output. I
need to use MSWords mailmerge to merge the text output and save the doc
for emailing later. I have a macro in MSWord that merges the data from
the textfile with the doc.

I have looked everywhere and have found many samples and even a program
called B2C.EXE from microsofts MSDN website. B2C does convert but it is
old and I get errors when compiling or if I do get it to compile it
launches word and errors when trying to open a new document.

I have just started using Visual Studio and don't know all of my
options. I have my main program complete in VC++ that runs as a
console apt. I would like add the merge part to it.
I can fire off a separate command line command for windows that runs
msword with script but it shows the mswindow and I loose control and
cannot detect errors. I have'nt coded in years and I need some good
examples that compile in VC++ 2005

Thanks in advance.

GC

TB

electrixnow skrev:
[...]

I wonder how many times you asked about automation in this group now?

Buy a frakking book, Microsoft Press has many.