office automation help please

electrixnow

I need some help on automation for office. I found some code I want to
use, it looks like this:

Variant wordTables = wordActiveDocument.OlePropertyGet( "Tables" );
long table_count = wordTables.OlePropertyGet( "count" );

There is more, it deals with OBJECTS. I have installed Visual C++ and
the Platform SDK for VC++. it all was free. I wrote a VC++ program that
needs to update bookmarks in a MS Word doc, and then print it. I must
do all of this without showing the GUI of MS Word. I posted before and
have had suggestions to use code samples from www.codeproject.com but
have not found any for VC++.

I tried some of the code but did'nt have the correct libraries.

Does anyone know how to use VC++ to accomplish these automation tasks.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance,

Grant.

PS If I need another development package, let me know what it is.