Autosave fields in GridView (ASP.NET 2.0 - using C# internal)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by RBM007, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. RBM007

    RBM007 Guest

    Hello,

    At creature of a GridView you can chose (if the datasoucrce supports
    it) to add an edit tag before the rows.
    If you click on the edit link, you will see that the links change to
    "Update" and "Cancel". All the other rows (still) starts with Edit.

    My problem is that if I should say I want to edit some text, but
    instead of pressing update (after the edit) I want to press Edit on a
    other row. This is because I want to update other information in the
    grid.
    When I do this the data what I typed is not commited to the database. I
    tried to do this to add a event on editing a textbox (in a special
    termplate), but now does it not matter if I press the cancel link or
    the update link.

    Is there anybody who can help me to get a gridvies in which I can
    switch edit rows with saves and a working cancel-link.
    Thanks in advantage.

    Greetings,

    René Beltman

    RBM007, Sep 20, 2006

  2. RBM007

    RBM007 Guest

    The solution was much easier. I just need to use the RowEditing event.

    Problem solved.

    RBM007, Sep 21, 2006