Please help regarding setting gridview in edit mode dynamically

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by satejd, May 20, 2012.

  1. satejd

    satejd

    Joined:
    May 20, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,
    I have to create Nested Gridview with controls to be attached to each of them dynamically.
    so what i have done is that in parent gridview i have two <asp:templateField>'s with first one having expand,collapse image logic and second template having <asp:Gridview></asp:Gridview>.
    At runtime,i m creating boundfields and inserting between those two templatefields making inner gridview template at the last to fulfill the requirement.
    Currently,i m working on Edit and Update rows which i have to do it dynamically.By googling through net i found that setting gridview.editindex=e.neweditindex will automatically placed gridview in editmode( yes its happening but in textbox controls only).
    I have to bind gridview cells with another controls like 'Dropdownlist' with selected data bind to dropdown list.
    How should i do that and in which event it is possible.
    (for reference follow below link
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/20047/Editable-Nested-GridView-All-in-One)
    Regards,
    Satej