Basic XML POST using Ruby to Cisco Call Manager

jackster the jackle

I have been tasked with writing a ruby script to poll the XML/SOAP
interface on the Cisco Call Manager phone system.

I have never done anything with XML in the past.

From the Cisco documentation, I need to make this XML request using
Ruby:
---------------------
POST :8443/axl/
Host: axl.myhost.com:8443
Accept: text/*
Authorization: Basic bGFycnk6Y3VybHkgYW5kIG1vZQ==
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<axl:getPhone xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0
http://ccmserver/schema/axlsoap.xsd
" sequence="1234">
<phoneName>SEP222222222245</phoneName>
</axl:getPhone>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
---------------------
I would be greatly appreciative if someone can show me the best way to
do this request using Ruby.

thanks

jackster

jackster the jackle

I don't know anything about SOAP either but many of the new network
appliances offer SOAP interfaces so I might have to try and figure it
out.

thanks for the help

jack