begin prerender event

wardy

I've got a .NET web application running in .NET 1.1 on IIS 5 with SQL
Server 2000. I've noticed that at times the page rendering is
delayed, and when I run the trace I see that the begin prerender event
takes anywhere from 0.2-5.0 seconds, whereas all the other events take
in the range of 0.000XX seconds. Does anyone know what is happening
in the begin prerender event that might be causing this delay (as a
note, I've found that when I move the database from a different server
onto the web server, this prerender time decreases but still remains
the longest of the events).

Thanks.