beginner c++ homework questions... if anyone knows how to do this, any help would be greatly appreci

Discussion in 'C++' started by N3TB1N, May 9, 2004.

  1. N3TB1N

    N3TB1N Guest

    Here is my assignment. I am hoping that someone here quickly knows
    all of the correct answers... especially for question #5 and
    everything after. Thanks in advance.

    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    class Money

    {

    public:

    friend istream& operator >> (istream& IS, Money& anAmount) ;

    private:

    int mDollars;

    int mCents;

    };

    class ISPAccount

    {

    public:

    friend istream& operator >> (istream& IS, Money& anISPAccount) ;

    private:

    string mUser ;

    Money mBalance ;

    int mOnline ;

    };

    template <class Thing>

    class AccountList

    {

    public:

    private:

    vector <Thing> mSomeAccts ;

    };

    1) Write a line of code that declares an AccountList object of
    ISPAccounts. Call the object theAccounts.

    2) Write a public function in the AccountList class that returns the
    index of an ISPAccount parameter. If the ISPAccount is not in the
    mSomeAccts vector, return -1. Name the function getIndex. Note that
    you will need to add some functionality to the ISPAccount class.

    3) Write a function in the AccountList class that will return the
    total of all the balances in an AccountList. Call the function
    getTotalBal. Note that you will need to add some functionality to the
    ISPAccount class and/or the Money class.

    4) Write a default constructor for the Money Class that initializes
    a Money object to $0.

    5) Overload the default constructor so that it takes two arguments,
    the first for the number of dollars and the second for the number of
    cents.

    class BunchOfCards

    {

    public:

    friend vector<Card> operator + (vector<Card> B1, vector<Card> B2) ;

    private:

    vector <Card> mTheCards ;

    // the “top” of the bunch is the last item on the Card on the
    vector.

    };

    6) Write a member function that ‘splits’ a bunch of card in half. The
    top half of the bunch is deleted from the bunch and then returned.
    Consider the middle index of the bunch equal to mTheCards.size() / 2.
    Here’s a sample function call:

    {

    BunchOfCards aBunch(“the_deck.txt”);

    // creates and initializes a BunchOfCards from a file named
    the_deck.txt

    // that has 36 cards.

    BunchOfCards anotherBunch ; // creates an empty BunchOfCards

    anotherBunch = aBunch . topHalf() ;

    // post condition: anotherBunch contains 18 cards taken off the

    // top of aBunch. aBunch contains the 18 cards left on the bottom of
    aBunch.

    }

    7a) Overload the + operator so that it adds two bunches of cards
    together.

    friend vector<Card> operator + (vector<Card> B2, vector<Card> B2) ;

    7b) Rewrite the header making good style and efficient use of const
    and &.

    8) Write a member function of the BunchOfCards called cut that takes
    the top half of a BunchOfCards object and puts it on the bottom.

    (Question 9 is not related to any of the classes above)

    9) Write a nonmember, templated function that will reverse the order
    of a vector of anything

    ____________________________________________________________-
    once again, thanks any help!

    --n3tb1n

    N3TB1N, May 9, 2004

  2. N3TB1N

    red floyd Guest

    You forgot to post your instructors email address so we could mail it directly
    to him.

    red floyd, May 9, 2004

  3. N3TB1N

    bartek Guest

    (...)

    What's the difference *for you*, if you wouldn't have done your homework
    yourself, or somebody'd have done it for you instead?

    Please, tell us here on the newsgroup!

    bartek, May 9, 2004
  4. N3TB1N

    rossum Guest

    In answer to your question, yes I do know all of the correct answers.
    Depending on exctly what you want me to do, my rates go up to about
    GBP 200 per hour.
    I assume that you are reasonably confident about doing this.
    When you have anwered Q4, you will have a default constructor for the
    Money Class that initialises a Money object to $0.00.

    For Q5 you need to "overload" the constructor. If you don't
    understand "overload" look it up or ask your instructor to explain.

    Your overloaded constructor will have two arguments. If you don't
    understand "argument" look it up or ask your instructor to explain.
    Your first argument will be a number of dollars and your second
    argument will be a number of cents.

    Remember that this is an overloaded *constructor* so you are going to
    have to think about what you are going to do with the two arguments
    (one for dollars and the other for cents) in the context of
    initialising a Money object.

    When you have thought about that you should be in a position to write
    the overloaded constructor that your instructor asked you for.

    rossum

    rossum, May 9, 2004
  5. [assignment deleted]

    Pathetic.