Best inputstreams/outputstreams for sockets

Bruce Lee

Does anyone know what are the best inputstream/outputstreams for writing a
stream of ASCII text to sockets? I mean, you can stick different streams
together in different combinations.

Steve Horsley

Bruce said:
Does anyone know what are the best inputstream/outputstreams for writing a
stream of ASCII text to sockets? I mean, you can stick different streams
together in different combinations.
For text only? How 'bout...

InputStream is = socket getInputStream();
InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(in, "ASCII");
BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(isr);

OutputStream os = socket.getOutputStream();
OutputStreamWriter osw = new OutputStreamWriter(os, "ASCII");
BufferedWriter out = new BufferedWriter(osw);

Steve