best practices: logging in an osgi environment

brindy

hi all,

i am curious as to people's opinions of best practices regarding
logging in an osgi environment.

do you use java logging?

or do you track the osgi log service?

or do you use log4j? and if so, how do you package it and declare
dependancies to it (e.g. package-import or require-bundle?)

ideally, i'd like to keep my code decoupled from the osgi framework,
so that means creating abstraction for the log service api (not
another logging api?!) or simply not using it all. java logging seems
like a logical thing to use as it is there in the api and ready to
use... but how does it operate in an osgi environment and what kind of
control do i have over it?

any advice gratefully received

cheers,
brindy