Best way/library to draw individual pixels on screen? (for fractals)

Kenny McCormack

If you never plan to read the posts of a certain person, why not
killfile them?

Whether you killfile or not is irrelevant. That is between you and your
maker/conscience. What matters is whether or not you talk about it in public.

As I've noted earlier, talking about your killfile in public is that
which marks one clearly as a dweeb.

--
(This discussion group is about C, ...)

Wrong. It is only OCCASIONALLY a discussion group
about C; mostly, like most "discussion" groups, it is
off-topic Rorsharch revelations of the childhood
traumas of the participants...

Default User

Seebs said:
How about "they annoy me and waste my time"? That's why I usually
killfile people.

That's pretty much the way it is with me. My "usenet time" is much
reduced these days. I prefer to set the newsreader to show only new
messages and cruise though as quickly as possible. I don't want to read
messages that are likely a waste of time, and I certainly don't want to
study the sender before deciding whether to open the message.

Brian

Lorenzo said:
In rare occasions even some annoying people post interesting things
(to a certain degree), that's why I never killfile people...

But if they do, then there will likely be a response from a "quality"
contributor, and I'll read the message in quotes.

Brian

Dr Malcolm McLean

How does that support your point?
structs can contain padding. So you can't guarantee that
fread(&mystruct, 1, sizeof(MYSTRUCT), fp) will always produce the same
results, even if the members of mystruct are of the right size.
Then structure defs inherently contain endianness, whilst the compiler
may insert any padding it chooses. (This is always done for the
purposes of alignment, but many processors allow unaligned slow reads,
so the choice is made by the compiler designer).

Phil Carmody

That is an inaccurate attribution, as you have not propagated
the fact that I was quoting someone else.

Not interacting with idiots is one thing I strive for. Thanks
for preventing such interaction at your end.

Phil