Best way to monitor a logged in user

Astra

Hi All

My problem scenario is as follows:

1) user visits my web site.

2) they click on the My Account link.

3) they enter their login details into the My Account page.

4) if successful, they are taken to the Account options page, but this is on
https site (different domain/server).

5) they mill around this bit for a while, but they then want to go back to
the main site to order some bits. going back means they are now in the http
site.

6) They order some bits and go to pay for them by clicking the checkout
link.

7) They are now taken to the secure server again to process their order.

How on earth do I maintain that they are logged in throughout this switching
of sites?

I have ASP and MySQL DB to my disposal.

Please help.

Rgds