bibtex parsing

Alan G Isaac

Can anyone recommend a pure Python parser
of BibTeX files? Ideally MIT or BSD licensed?

Online search some possibilities:
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/bibliograph.parsing/trunk/bibliograph/parsing/parsers/bibtex.py
http://www.geocities.com/fiolj/bibtexparse.html
http://www.cis.udel.edu/~sprenkle/bibtex2html/bibtex2xml.py
Despite the current licenses, I'd appreciate info on these too.

Also, there was a rumor that PyParsing was to become
part of the standard library, but I do not see it at
http://docs.python.org/modindex.html
False rumor? Has anyone tried parsing BibTeX with PyParsing?

Thanks,
Alan Isaac

Robert Kern

Alan said:
Also, there was a rumor that PyParsing was to become
part of the standard library, but I do not see it at
http://docs.python.org/modindex.html
False rumor?

False rumor.

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

Paul McGuire

Can anyone recommend a pure Python parser
of BibTeX files? Ideally MIT or BSD licensed?

Online search some possibilities: http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/bibliograph.parsing/trunk/bibliog...
http://www.geocities.com/fiolj/bibtexparse.html
http://www.cis.udel.edu/~sprenkle/bibtex2html/bibtex2xml.py
Despite the current licenses, I'd appreciate info on these too.

Also, there was a rumor that PyParsing was to become
part of the standard library, but I do not see it at
http://docs.python.org/modindex.html
False rumor?  Has anyone tried parsing BibTeX with PyParsing?

Thanks,
Alan Isaac

Visit the pyparsing wiki for all sorts of applications. Here is
a BibTeX parser submitted by pyparsing wiki user ero-sennin:
http://pyparsing.wikispaces.com/WhosUsingPyparsing#pybtex
I don't know what the license is.

Can't help you on the rumor front though. I should hope I'd hear
about
this sooner or later. I'm more than willing for this to happen, but I
fear that the API includes some features that are novel to Python,
perhaps
even bordering on UnPythonic, and so may skewer any plans for stdlib
inclusion.

-- Paul