Big-IP and ASP.NET problem

smenaker

I have simple APS.NET form hosted on two servers.
If I go directly to a server:

http://server[1,2]

it always works

If I go through Big-Ip it works sometimes, but simetimes I get an
error.
If I allow to sit on this page for few minutes and I click on submit I
get an error.

Thank you.

error
======================================

Runtime Error
custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the
application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It
could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server
machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within
a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the
current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its
"mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a
custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the
application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom
error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"
defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Bruce Barker

if you follow the directions you could see the error (or look in the event
log). most likely you are getting a viewstate error because you are not
configured for a web farm. also you cannot not use inproc sessions in a web
farm.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

samm

Thank you very much.
I'll try that.
About the errors. I followed directions, but still could not see any
errors.

Sam