Blank page using Word or excel plugin

Francois Gagnon

Hi,

I have the following scenario. THe side is built using 2 frames. The
top frame is a menu where the bottom one is the content. The top frame
allows th user to select what document he wants to see, the it is
displayed in the bottom frame.

When the user selects a report in the top frame, a form is submitted
with its target as the bottom frame (and I don't use GET but POST
instead). The server receiving the post reply with the document which
can be of 2 formats: Word doc, Excel Doc. The problem that I have is
that when the user selects the first document, it is successfully loaded
and displayed (the excel/word plugin loads properly and renders
properly). But when the user selects a second one, the bottom frame is
updates and shows a blank white page. The only way that I can get the
second report to show (after having viewed the first one) is to somehow
change the content of the bottom frame to some html stuff and then
selecting the second document.

Can anyone help me with this? The browsed I used is IE 6.0 SP1 with
Office XP. I am looking for any ideas which won't require the user to
have to click on some link to clear the bottom frame before viewing his
document.

Thanks in advance?

fg

Randy Webb

Francois said:
Can anyone help me with this? The browsed I used is IE 6.0 SP1 with
Office XP. I am looking for any ideas which won't require the user to
have to click on some link to clear the bottom frame before viewing his
document.

Thanks in advance?

Clear it yourself. Set the location.href property of the bottom frame to
blank.html where blank.html is a blank page. Then submit the form, it
will load your document next.