Boa Constructor error

Parano

Hi

I have a recurrent error in Boa Constructor, especially when I try to
activate code completion: a message box reads "UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii'
codec can't decode byte 0xaa in position 52: ordinal not in range(128)"
I couldn't find any google resource on that error.

I have Python 2.3.3 with Boa Construtor 0.3.1 on Mandrake Linux 10.
wxPython is from wxPythonGTK-py2.3-2.5.2.7-RH9.i386.rpm
I also tried wxPythonGTK2-py2.3-2.5.2.7-RH9.i386.rpm but had the same error.
Those RPMs are from www.wxpython.org where it says that "install and use on
my Mandrake 9.2 system without any troubles."

Any tip on this? Thanks in advance

Uwe Grauer

Parano said:
Hi

I have a recurrent error in Boa Constructor, especially when I try to
activate code completion: a message box reads "UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii'
codec can't decode byte 0xaa in position 52: ordinal not in range(128)"
I couldn't find any google resource on that error.

I have Python 2.3.3 with Boa Construtor 0.3.1 on Mandrake Linux 10.
wxPython is from wxPythonGTK-py2.3-2.5.2.7-RH9.i386.rpm
I also tried wxPythonGTK2-py2.3-2.5.2.7-RH9.i386.rpm but had the same error.
Those RPMs are from www.wxpython.org where it says that "install and use on
my Mandrake 9.2 system without any troubles."

Any tip on this? Thanks in advance

Boa isn't ready for wxPython 2.5.x
Use wxPython 2.4.2.4 instead.

Uwe

ake

Uwe Grauer said:
Boa isn't ready for wxPython 2.5.x
Use wxPython 2.4.2.4 instead.

Uwe

Anyone know what's happening to Boa, there doesn't seem to have been a
new version for over a year.

Åke

Patrick Ellis

ake said:
Anyone know what's happening to Boa, there doesn't seem to have been a
new version for over a year.

Boa 0.3.0 and then 0.3.1 just came out in the last couple weeks. It has
sizer support and updated documentation. It's still limited to wxPython 2.4,
but Riann's plan was to finish up 0.3.0 on 2.4 and then start work on a
version for 2.5. I'm hoping the next release will take less than a year :).

Uwe Grauer

ake said:
Anyone know what's happening to Boa, there doesn't seem to have been a
new version for over a year.

Åke

Not true,

Boa 0.3 came just out.