boa constructor - run script/output

Tom

Hi,

I am pretty new to BC and python. I just designed a GUI with Boa
Constructor. It looks good, but now I have two problems:

1.) I already wrote a script in Python and want to run it in my GUI now.
My script is not a class or anything like that. I usually just run it
with Ctrl+F5 and it works perfectly. What do I have to tell my event
handler in BC to run the script? I don't want to add the whole code (it
is pretty long) directly to the code of my wxFrame1.py code.

2.) My second problem is that I don't know how the script returns the
output data (I used several print commands). I want to display my
messages in another part of my window of my GUI. Right now I see all my
messages in the little output Window in BC.

Every help would be very much appreciated. I found the Boa Constructor
tutorial very helpful, but not very extensive. I also couldn't find
anymore help tutorials online.

Thank you very much in advance.
Tom

Tom

Thanks for your answer.
1.) yes, I had to put my whole script into a function. Didn't know that
first. I wanted to run the whole script, but I think it works now.
2.) I also think that the examples of wxPython are really great.
Sometimes it is just hard to understand the code if you are a newbie.
:) I worked on this all day and think that I did it now!:)

Thanks for your help.
Tom