Breaking out of frames

Offbreed

Specific problem: Some sites have a title section across the top and a
menu section down the left, leaving a section in the lower right for
viewing some variable content. That lower right section is often much
smaller than I like. (I have to, no options, use 800 by 600 in order to
make the text large enough to read. Changing screen resolution is NOT,
repeat NOT, an option.)

The usual method I use to get that section out of the frame so it is
big enough to read without zig zagging all over the place is to right
click on the menu and "open in new window", getting rid of the frame
instead of simply changing what's in the menu.

Some sites have right click disabled for one silly reason or another.
(As if anyone wanting to copy what they have cannot copy the file out
of the cache.)

I'm looking for something like "resize enable" (allows resizing when
"maximize" is disabled) to break the variable content out of the frame,
to recover the ability to right click on a menu item, or some way to
change the size of the frames, seeing as how too many web designers are
inconsiderate asses.

frederick

Offbreed said:
[...]

Not quite sure that you're asking this in the right NG, but anyway...

Are you using Internet Explorer? Because if you switched to Firefox,
you'd gain almost complete control over all of the problems that you
mention.

Cheers,

AGw.

Toby Inkster

Offbreed said:
The usual method I use to get that section out of the frame so it is
big enough to read without zig zagging all over the place is to right
click on the menu and "open in new window", getting rid of the frame
instead of simply changing what's in the menu.

Some sites have right click disabled for one silly reason or another.

Use a decent browser.

In Opera, for example, you can right click on a frame and choose
"Frame">"Open" to break it out of the frameset.

And the right click can't be disabled.

Offbreed

Not quite sure that you're asking this in the right NG, but anyway...

Are you using Internet Explorer? Because if you switched to Firefox,
you'd gain almost complete control over all of the problems that you
mention.

I asked in several ng's, as I was uncertain which would be best.

I am using Firefox. How would I go about breaking out?

Neredbojias

[...]

Some browsers have the option to disable right click disabling, but if you
disable javascript, that will also do it.