bridging Google Earth and Google maps in script

cybarber

Hi,

I have made a demo html page in which both a Google maps implementation
and a Google Earth ActiveX object are present.

That way, I can channel data from GEarth to Gmaps and vice versa.
Using Internet Explorers HTML+TIME behavior I have added some animation
controls on the page.

It is great fun when one clicks on a google map and then google earth
fly's to that point!.

Have fun:

http://members.home.nl/cybarber/geomatters/GoogleEarthGUIwithHtmlTimeScript.html

See also the keyhole BBS forum KML discussions.

William A Slabbekoorn aka Cybarber

Scott Smith

I'm sure this is a very cool page, not criticizing that, but you should
consider that other browsers and platforms are in use. Last I checked,
Mozilla has over 10% market share and shows no signs of slowing growth.
One of the most beautiful things about the internet is the absence of
platform dependence. Same goes for Java. This sort of thing flies in the
face of the design paradigms present in both Java and the Internet.

Not that you care about me or what I do, but I don't even own a Windows
computer nor do I have one at work (where I program in Java) and will
never see what you've done. Too bad for me. I thought it seemed like a
cool post.

Jeffrey Schwab

Hi,

I have made a demo html page in which both a Google maps implementation
and a Google Earth ActiveX object are present.

That way, I can channel data from GEarth to Gmaps and vice versa.
Using Internet Explorers HTML+TIME behavior I have added some animation
controls on the page.

It is great fun when one clicks on a google map and then google earth
fly's to that point!.

Have fun:

http://members.home.nl/cybarber/geomatters/GoogleEarthGUIwithHtmlTimeScript.html

See also the keyhole BBS forum KML discussions.

William A Slabbekoorn aka Cybarber

That page does nothing in FireFox. I tried opening it with IE, and got
dialog boxes about unsafe ActiveX controls.