Broken references in postings

Grant Edwards

I've noticed recently that a lot of the "refernces" and
"in-reply-to" headers in c.l.p are broken, resulting in the
inability to move from a child to a parent in a tree.

For example in a recent reply (subejct: os.fdopen() issue in
Python 3.1?), the references and in-reply-to headers both
contained:

1267539898.477222.7.camel@necropolis

However, the article replied to has a message-ID header of

(e-mail address removed)

I don't see 1267539898.477222.7.camel@necropolis anywhere in
the headers of the referrant.

Is something broken in the mail<->news gateway?

Or is it just individual news/mail clients that are broken?

Aahz

I've noticed recently that a lot of the "refernces" and
"in-reply-to" headers in c.l.p are broken, resulting in the
inability to move from a child to a parent in a tree.

One issue with the mail/news gateway is that (unless it's been fixed)
newsreaders need to thread properly).
--
Aahz ([email protected]) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/