Browser Compatability

Guest

I know that the main two browsers are ie and netscape. However, how do i know if browsers like aol and other abstract browser put out by isps like sbc and earthlink are compatable with asp.net. I would hate to make web pages that can not be viewed by customers using these mediums as most people who use computers in a more entertainment light use these generic browsers.

WStoreyII

Curt_C [MVP]

ASP.NET is server side technology, pretty irrelevant to the browser. As long
as the browser is standard HTML compliant it should work fine. All the
ASP.NET renders down to HTML and some javascripting basically.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

WStoreyII said:
I know that the main two browsers are ie and netscape. However, how do i
know if browsers like aol and other abstract browser put out by isps like
sbc and earthlink are compatable with asp.net. I would hate to make web
pages that can not be viewed by customers using these mediums as most people
who use computers in a more entertainment light use these generic browsers.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

It all comes down to how they render HTML, and that comes down to the
rendering engine behind the browser.
Most customized browsers these days use the IE engine to ensure the best
compatability.
Most of the rest (such as Netscape) use Mozilla.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

WStoreyII said:
I know that the main two browsers are ie and netscape. However, how do i
know if browsers like aol and other abstract browser put out by isps like
sbc and earthlink are compatable with asp.net. I would hate to make web
pages that can not be viewed by customers using these mediums as most people
who use computers in a more entertainment light use these generic browsers.

bruce barker

your should load a couple browsers and test your site.

try:

IE - windows
IE - mac (slightly different than windows is html 4.0 compliant)
Netscape/Mozzilla
Opera

if these run you site ok, then you are well covered. also check with
different screen resolutions and system font sizes.

note: the current verion of asp.net suppresses style commands for other
browser than IE, and client verification only works with IE.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)